Friday, July 3, 2009

Lay it all down

So today I was putting my books away and trying to clean up my room from the four suitcases that I unloaded in it after returning from Japan. While putting books away I came across one of the past journals that I have used. I use the word journal in the loosest term possible. Even as I read back through it it was funny how much time occurred between the different entries. I say all this just to get to the point that my last entry I found again challenging and worth posting.

" Lord send me anywhere, only go with me. Sever any ties but the ties that bind me to your service and your heart." David Livingston ( missionary to Africa)

He also prayed this prayer when he buried his wife in Africa:

" My Jesus, my King, my Lord, my life, my all, I again consecrate my life to You. I shall place no value in anything I possess, except as it relates to Your Kingdom and to you service."
Both quotes came from the book " Walking from East to West" Ravi Zacahrias

This was great how these quotes came at a time where I have been thinking alot about my schooling and direction of ministry. In this time of waiting to hear from Moody and at the same time trying to discern what or where to go. I know and am reminded that God is faithfully at work in my life.

Psalm 37:5-7 I will paraprase by saying :
Commit you ways to the Lord, Trust in the Lord and in His faithfulness, Be still and wait patiently for Him.

I see the great joy that comes from reading back over past thoughts or challenges. I resolve again to work on disciplining myself to journal.

1 comment:

kd said...

I'm encouraged by this and I am excited to hear more when I get back about your direction and what god has done and is doing.