Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Moody visit

Today I visited Moody for the first time. I drove down to Chicago, leaving my house at 5 am. I had to leave that early because I had to make an appointment at 8:45. So I met with the admissions department and received a tour of the campus.I am really excited to be moving on to this next phase of life. It certainly will be different though, living in a dorm, being a fulltime student. living in Chicago... you get the point.
I am really excited to be getting into a dorm life, however this may also be one of the most difficult parts of transition. I saw the dorm size and not that I need much but having been to Michigan State University many times and been in the dorms these dorms for two are about half the size. So we will see, it will be interesting to see who my roommate will be and how we get along. You may be wondering then what part of dorm life are you excited about. Well it is the opportunity that I have to grow in community and the opportunity that I have to build into the younger guys on my floor. There are two different guys dorms... one is a three floor building that is farther removed from campus and these are triple occupancy rooms. Then there is a building which is centrally locateed. This dorm is 16 or so floors high and is only a double occupancy. I will be trying to request to live in the the highrise and be in the highest floor possible and this will give me only one roomate.
As for the rest of campus it was lovely. I was able to see the swimming pool which is another thing that I am really excited about being able to get back into swimming. When I was in Japan I was able to swim for about a month and a half last year and I loved it.
So my prayer is that I would be prepared and grow in the necessary grace to live at Moody.
Also that God would provide a great match in a roommate.

3 comments:

Clint and Ashleigh said...

Erik, great to hear this is happening. I am sooo happy for you and I am excited at what God is going to do through you. Good luck and GOd bless! -Clint-

kd said...

so exciting to hear about the pre-transition and then to keep in touch and hear how God will use you and teach you through it all.

Matt said...

E, keep chargin, brother! I'm really excited to see if God works it out for me to be in Great Lakes and close by. Reuniting would be awesome.