Saturday, March 27, 2010

A prayer in response

A prayer in response to a devotional reading by D.A. Carson.

Father "Praise awaits you O God... O you who hear prayer, to you all men will come. When we were overwhelmed by sins you forgave our transgressions. Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts!"(Ps. 65:1-4) You have called us to be unified in you. Just as you, your son, and your spirit are one so art we to be likewise with fellow brothers and sisters. May our unity be in love that is formed within us as your Spirit works to mold and shape us in response to your Word. May our platform for unity among believers be grounded in your truth. May the centrality of the gospel be ever present on our minds. I praise you for your Son and the provision of His death and resurrection. Giving to us everything we need for life in godliness. For you call us to be holy just as you are. Oh the idolatry that rises in my heart, a continual root of pride that seeks to look after myself and not others. Father I long to grow in my understanding and application of your Word. That I would live in such a way as to sacrificially put others before myself motivated by your love for me and for others.

No comments: