Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pride and Arrogance

I have found that this is a continuous battle that rages in my life. The fight against my self, my flesh, the desire to either think more highly of myself, or to put myself before others.

Here is another quote from Francis Chan in his book "Crazy Love"

" Worry - Implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what;s happening in our lives.
Stress - says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control.
Basically, these two behaviors communicate that it's okay to sin and not trust God because the stuff in my life is somehow exceptional. Both worry and stress reek of arrogance."

This next quote comes from Timothy Keller and from his book "The Reason for God"

" Sin is the despairing refusal to find your deepest identity in your relationship and service to God. Sin is seeking to become oneself ( SA -self accualzation) to get an identity apart from him( God)." Paranthesis and their thougths were added for explination.

No comments: