Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tues Build Day






Pepto-Bismol pink isn’t not what you would think of a typical house color, but it’s pretty common in Mexico. This is my first time coming on this trip and it’s so amazing to me how much of a difference we can make in someone’s life just by sacrificing five or six hours to build them a house and spend time with them. Today we worked at a site by the bottom of a mountain, building a house for a woman named Kenya and her family. There was an adorable little boy there whose name was Nathaniel. I loved seeing how much joy we brought him just by talking to him and giving him attention. Not only has the building been rewarding for the families, but it really brings us together as a group. I have made so many new friends and I’ve had so much fun. I am so excited to see what God is going to do during the rest of the trip and when we go back home.
- Angela Krause

1 comment:

Douglas Phillips said...

Hey Angela and team,

The pink houses look great...good work! We're eager to hear all about the trip, and we'll be praying for you as you travel home.

Tell Pastor Jeff happy birthday for us!

-- Pastor Doug and Becky