Saturday, September 11, 2010

Considering "What is Love"


When you think about the topic of Love what first comes to your mind. This morning for me it was several songs. "Whats love got to do with it" ; " What is love, baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more". These were the first words that came to my mind this morning when I got into a conversation on the topic of Love.
How do you explain love?

This morning while on a training run, I got into a conversation with two girls on "what is love". One of the girls made a statement that she thinks of love as having three parts, especially when thinking in terms of romantic love. The three parts were choice, commitment, and affection/feelings. I thought that this was a well balanced idea and are all three connected. Upon further consideration I think that we could explain it with the illustration of a three legged stool. The three legs would be Commitment, Choice, Trust, and the seat would be feelings/affection.

I am pondering now, how balanced is my view of love and how am I practicing this.

1 comment:

kd said...

thanks for sharing. good thoughts to ponder