Thursday, August 14, 2008

M.O.R.

This last Sunday night after chapel we went to dinner at the foodcourt. While we were eating I was sitting next to a sailor whos name was Rebecca. She mentioned that she wished that she wasnt leaving the next morning to go to sea for a month and a half because she wanted to ask me some questions. So later that evening while we were sitting and talking as a group she asked me the question about how does Jesus and the trinity work. We ended up having to put our conversation on hold because of the events in the room at the time. So we ended up heading to another room where we resumed our conversation. We ended up talking for about two hours. The conversation came to the point of now that you understand who this person of Jesus Christ is what are you going to do with Him. Again more explanation ( and I am leaving out alot because of time) but it got to the point where she asked I dont know how to accept Christ. After sharing the basic understanding and structure she responded with I dont know that I am ready I am just not ready to let go.

I told her that when she came to the point that she was ready she now knew how and that it was just a matter of believing in and putting her faith and trust in Christ finished work for her. I told her to tell someone when she accepted Christ.

Well Praise God I received an email from her tonight ( Thursday night)

"I gave my life to Christ last night, after running, right there at the end of the treadmill on my knees in this dirty gym at sea.

It was perfect. Just wanted you to know. Rebecca "

I feel like celebrating. This is an icredible feeling to know that I was one step in pointing her to Christ. The amazing thing for me is that this is the first person that I have talked to about Christ who has then shared with me that they accepted Christ.

You may be wondering what the title has to do with all of this well since we are associated with the military community and we use acronims all of the time I thougth that this one would be fitting. M.O.R> Ministry of Reconciliation

5 comments:

Wes said...

Wooohooooo!!!

Praise God the Father!
who to Christ Jesus gave her ,
Praise God the Son!
who's bleeding is what saved her,
Praise God the Spirit!
who washed and now feeds her.
Amen!

Worship him Rebecca, for He is worthy! Arm yourself with the Word, ready to run the race!

God bless you Erik for your ministery to her. You're in my prayers constantly. Keep your armor on and your sword sharp!

Douglas Phillips said...

Hey Eric,

It was great to read this, and we'll be praying for Rebecca as she takes her first steps in her walk with Christ.

We're praying for you, too, as you continue to serve.

Doug

Unknown said...

Awesome, thank for sharing so that we can celebrate with you. Even the angels are rejoicing..

kd said...

thats so exciting!!

darint said...

Hey Erik,
Great news! Way to be open and ready to share your faith to Rebecca.

I'll pray that Rebecca continues to seek the Lord with all her heart and that God would continue to reveal more and more of his "awesomeness" to her.