Sunday, August 24, 2008

VBS





Last week I was vollentold ( that would be a military term for "being told to volenteer for something) at first to work with the Chapel of Hopes Protastant VBS. I really didnt mind back when I was signed up and actually it was my desire the closer I got to it.

SO last week the VBS took place, I think that there were about 200 to 250 kids. My role was to be the game guy. So I had six to somedays 10 highschool and middleschool kids working with me. I of course loved working with the older students and with all of the kids. So five days of high energy games. Could life get any better for those kids, I submit that it could not.

So the chapel here did the same VBS program that south church did back in Lansing.
Power Lab So in this I created this character that I would have to be all week. Since I was the leader for Hyperspeed games I figured that it would be fitting to be Professor Hyperspeed with my assistants being the hyperbuddies. Well I had alot of fun being this character because it required that I be moving around really fast and hyper. I also became the high five guy. The first day I think that I was scary to most of the kids but by the second day they all wanted to give me a high five.

The other side of my role was helping lead the songs. That is with motions and since I am a firm believer that if you want someone to be energized you have to give 10 xs what you want. So I will let your imaginations figure out what that might of looked like.

Well this will bring this to a close. I had an incredible week, I lost my voice, I got to share the gospel message with all of the kids during the game time. I got to show the kids love through being there and engaging with them.

No comments: