Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Prayer

Lord help me to be an unfashionable, counter cultural, Christian; one whos life is poured out and spent for your kingdom. My I become more and more God intoxicated, which will compel me more and more to know and follow hard after you. May you continue to work Lord on my life in transforming my mind. May this intoxication come from gazing upon you and being blown away by your love and mercy and grace. Lord break my heart for what breaks yours, open up my eyes so that I might see people more how you see them, Help me love the unlovable, give me grace in the times I fall. Lord I ask that through your spirit you continue to kindle within me the fire for missions. Not that missions would be the end but the necessary responsibility of this intoxicated believer. That my life can be poured out and spent for you kingdom knowing that your name will be lifted high and that every tongue will confess that you are God and that you are worthy and that you are Holy. Lord it is only through you that I may come boldly and aproach the throne, which only came by your sacrifice, and it is to you that I cry out. For from YOU and through YOU and to YOU are all things forever and ever and ever.....AMEN

1 comment:

kd said...

amen.

all so true and relevant. a prayer from my heart as well, i hope you don't mind me printing it off.