Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Trust in the Lord

As I have been having several conversations with people lately; I have found that the topic of trust has come up consistently. What does it really look like to daily trust God? How would my actions or even my thought life be different?

Prov. 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths."

I have also been thinking a lot this last year about the phrase "wait on the Lord". I have found that this idea requires actions not stagnation or passivity. Yet there is certainly a balance in life we find this tension played out in James 4:13-17. I don't know what the future will hold but I will trust in the Lord and wait on the Lord in His timing and in His way. Lord move within my heart to trust you more and within my mind to be more confident in your ways. Give me the confidence in you Lord to live according to your Word. Grow me into the Godly man that you would have me to be. May I always remain grounded in my identity in you. The future seems unknown and difficult but neither should keep me back. You Lord will provide the light for my path only as much as is needed for the next step. May my stride be strong and my steps sure straining as if it were a race and only one receives the prize. My all my life be for your glory alone.

The Lord knows the plans that He has for me.

Please pray with me for the next three months. I found out today that I am on the waiting list for Moody. This then is definitely a hopeful place to be but a difficult one as well. I need to live this summer in such a way as to plan on attending Moody. This means I need to work for the seven or so weeks that I will have in Lansing. I am praying that God would open the door for work.

1 comment:

Matt said...

http://peaceandloveforlife.blogspot.com/

That's Jamie's blog if you haven't seen it. I guess you guys think alike.

I'll be praying for you, bro. I'll see you soon. We have much to catch up on!