Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fasting 72hr mark

Well so far it has been an interesting experience. Have had hardly no hunger pains, even the first day. Have found that I lack energy, and I cannot believe how cold my hands are. There have been some difficult times of concentrating.
Tonight I felt a real need for community so I went down to the dinning hall and sat at my floors table. I can't say that it was difficult sitting and talking with everyone eating, but being honest I will have to say that I definitely had food going through my mind more than once.
I am missing being able to work out. Since I don't have enough energy to say go swim or run.

On the spiritual side of things. I am still focusing on those five areas, but I have also added to making a list of people that come to my mind while I am praying for other things. I was able from memory to record all 30 of the names of the guys on my floor in order of their room and roommate.

Additional Requests:
Seeking a more intimate community to engage in.
Deciding on a church.
Searching for a job in Chicago.
Relationships

I have had some great times in the word over the last few days. Reading in Exodus concerning Israel Egypt and the Plagues. Also have spent some great times in the Psalms. I went through Ps 119- oh how I long to have my view of God's Word be the same as the psalmist.

No comments: