Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fasting

This week I am going to be fasting. This is sure to be a very challenging thing but I hope that through it I will learn more about my Savior. I am committing to this after a challenging message was given during founders week here at moody. Mark Jobe spoke on having a holy hunger for God. I am seeking the heart of God this week in these areas:
More of a hunger for God and His Word and an increased devotion in prayer
God's provision for this summer trip to Japan
Praise and Thankfulness in remember all that He has done for me
A fuller awareness of who I am in Christ
For His wisdom and discernment

This is my outline for the week. Starting at sundown tonight I plan, Lord willing, to fast until Friday at sundown. This is a complete food fast, so I will only be consuming water and some juice if necessary. Please pray that I would remain strong and focused this week. Pray that Satan would not use this time to increase temptation in my life and pray that in these five areas I would grow in my understanding and the application of in my life.