Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tues. June 29, 2010

A lot happened today.
Praise God for the opportunity to lead someone to Christ. I am praying that the seed of the gospel has found good soil. This guy is in a Japaneess prison, this isn't the first time and he is only 22, drug issues will destroy you. Praise God for His work in peoples lives. We never know when or where the Spirit is at work; so we must be faithful to herald the truth at all times.
The Bible study at the prison today was great as well. We talk about forgiveness, Eph 4:31-32, and Matt.18:23-35. When we think about Romans 12:9-21, oh how important it is that we seek to forgive and not harbor bitterness, anger, resentment. Which will lead to a inner turmoil, fits of rage, burst of anger, poor relationships... "so far as it depends on you live at peaceably with all people".(Rom. 12:18)

We owe it to one another to support when you see one struggling and to remind them of truth when it is so easy to lose sight of it. I think far to often we stand idly by and don't get involved in the struggle or in the relationship.

Think about it, does God ever say that community is going to be easy? What about individual relationships are they supposed to be easy? We are told to "outdo one another in showing honor", we are told to love one another. I know from my own life that relationships are tough, and you can get hurt. However we were made for relationships and God has design his church to be centered on our relationship with Christ which then ties us together with His body, the church.

What needs to change in my life Lord to make me more sensitive to the people in my life. Lord help me to demonstrate honor and genuine love to the people around me in and through my words and actions. I am willing to suffer hurts and disappointments, because of trying to live intentionally in community. Lord give me the grace to persevere in this, that I may grow in my sanctification and that I might help others to grow in their sanctification.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Good thoughts, E.