Wednesday, July 23, 2008

God is truly amazing

Tonights study went really well we were studying Hebrews chapter 8. One of the final concluding thoughts was that We need to embrace this Gospel the good news of Christ better ministry. That is Christ being the mediator the new covenant. That we need to run back to the power of God's grace in our lives not only to save us but to keep us and not only that but to transform us intoo the image of Christ.

Application discussion came to head with a lot of discussion about work and how we interact with those in authority. I offered a statement which hit me hard and one that is a continualy struggle to totaly grasp so here is the statement for you guys to suffer with so I dont have to be suffering alone.

When ever we have a problem with another person we have a problem with God. For it is never the problem with that person it is a problem with God. ie We we are offended by someone, do we have the right to be offended. Do living sacrifices have rights? I suggest that the more we are transformed into the image of Christ and the more we come to rest in who we are in Christ the more we will understand that we have no rights, and that if we have a problem with someone it is really a problem with God.

Thanks for all of you who have been praying for me and for the ministry here. I know that it is a huge part of Gods work in these men and womens lives. Continue to pray for me and my process of seeking God and making decisions about my future.

Thanks for also keeping me in the loop of what is going on in your lives. If anything I am learning more how to care for missionaries who are over seas.

" God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him."

1 comment:

kd said...

ah no way. what you said for us to suffer with. that is something that i've been thinking about for awhile and that some of the girls and i have been talking about in relations to relationships on staff well and in general but... yeah i miss your talks to there have been times when i've been looking for clarity and people to help me to think deeper and harder.