Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday

This is for all of you who thought that I would never get around to putting up another post.
Today I spent the day making up business cards for Jim, Martha, and myself. I then spent the rest of the morning ordering books and cds for the ministry. I was then able to catch some coffee with a sailor named Gregg, that turned out to be a great conversation. Gregg is growing and desiring to learn more about what it means to follow Christ.

It has been a tough weekend overall. I was struggling with some relational conflict. God is good and I am having to turn more to Him to wrestle through . Funny how He works at times. I am soo excited about the ministry here. It has been so full and exciting I just dont even know where to start in telling you. Yet at the same time there are times of lonliness. It is a very interesting enviorment here. How does one take a day off? I dont know that I know how? I guess that I will have to ponder that for a while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Erik,

I can relate. Even though I had Sarah with me, there's a loneliness that comes from being away from your own civilization. I'm excited about your blog and being able to share in your experiences, thanks a lot. Also, just to let you know, I was hired today. It's amazing and better than I could have hoped for. It's freelance work, so I'll get an assignment Tuesday and turn it in Thursday and I work whenever and wherever I want. What a great answer to prayer, I just had to share since you've been praying for me.

-Andy

Wes said...

Hey Erik,

I'm with Andy, its really cool that your posting about your time there. I'm blessed to be able to keep up with how God's working through you guys there.

I was only in Japan on my own once for about 2 weeks but I felt it too...its strange having so few people whom you can easily communicate with. Take the chance to talk more with God when you're tired of practicing your Japanese! God bless you and we're praying for you.

Wes