Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Its a bomb!!!!!

So I am riding down to base today and doing my normal pace of what seems like one hundred miles per hour ( remember I live on a hill and the base is at the bottom) and I get on base and continue my normal route to head through Womble gate which is the secondary gate not the main gate and as I am riding through the area where the hospital is notice a police boat out in the marina area. Not that this should be alarming so I continue riding between these two buildings as I approach an intersection I want to make a right here and as I do I am drawn back to this police boat for it looks like it is trying to keep boats out of the area I think to myself....huh.
So now I remember that I am still biking and need to pay attention to where I am going so I turn and look back ahead , maybe it would be helpfull to know that I have slowed my speed down drastically and now I am going along and a semi brisk pace. As I look ahead I am approaching the Mcdonalds on my right, I find it strange that there were no cars in the drive through especially since it was lunch hour. But again I think to myself .....huh. THen as I continue to go forward I see a police truck blocking the exit of the drive through lane. Now I am starting to think what is going on and you will remember that I am still biking at a brisk pace and imediatly I see a guy standing up out of the bushes on the left and he is probably thirty feet from me and he is dressed in a bomb squad gear at that moment I hit my brakes and begin to turn around and then I see the police and fire trucks on the roads on the other side of the bomb squad dude.

So I high tale it out of there knowing that I cannot get into trouble or else the chapel will get in trouble especially my sponser. Well to wrap it up the reason I made it as close as I did was because there was no one posted at the street which I used to get onto the drive through road. Consequently I was able to get that close with out seeing a single police officer. As soon as I turned around though there was a guy running at me and waving yelling for me to get out of there so I did and did not look back. Anyway I ended up going the long way around to get the food court area just down the rode from the Mcdonalds. While I was there I heard that all of this was going on because of a suspicious package, of course I new that because I was right there. Well they made everyone stay in the food court where I was. They closed down all of the building s in the area and had everyone staying put and then proceeded to blow up the suspicious package. Come to find out later tonight is was some dudes briefcase which he set down and forgot and in it were some medical papers. So that was my excitement for the day.


Oh and Bowdens got their new used car today so I had to drive it home from the dealer. First time driving in Japan. It is not so bad I enjoy it actually I have enjoyed driving anywhere I have been. I will try and post some pics of the tin can I mean the car.

No comments: