Monday, September 15, 2008

I went on a US Navy Submarine

What you are looking at is what you call the sail of
Submarine. Coming out of the top of the sub are the
periscopes. ( they were not allowed in the picture)
Off of the side of the sail you would find the sea planes
which are used for steering the boat.

Last night I meet up with a guy who was by himself and looking for the NEX ( Navy Exchange).





So I told him that I would take him there, so we got to talking and he told me that he was just in town on leave and that he was on a sub. Come to find out he is on the USS City of Corpus Cristi ssn-705. Anyway so we talked and then he offered to give a tour because I helped him out. So I was totally excited to be able to see what ship life is on a sub. Let me tell you I give those guys props for being able to do that I dont know that I would be able to. They are in some extremely tough conditions. There are even racks( beds) on top of and next to torpedos. There is only one washing machine and one dryer. There are also only five toilets for a boat which carries about 150 men. Anyway here is a picture outside the ship, I could not take any pictures on board for secruity reasons. I did get to look through the periscope and move it around and zoom in that was pretty cool.

No comments: